So today I thought I would check in with how my new year goals that I made in January are going and I have to admit, like most people, I have had a little wobble. The first one I made was to stop biting my nails and I managed to do this until about the beginning of February where I thought I had kicked the habit. However, whilst watching something on TV, I failed to notice that I had been biting my nails throughout the programme and was so disappointed that I had given in. However I am pleased to say that I am hopefully back on track because I really want to get my nails done around my birthday which is fast approaching.
Another goal was to visit new places that I had never been to before and I can say I have visited one new place. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but when its as cold as it has been I have just wanted to stay in the warm and watch movies. I visited the Wildlife & Dinosaur Park in Combe Martin and had a wonderful day out. The park is full of so many different animals that you can get really up close to.
The other three goal I set I feel like I am achieving better. In terms of selling items on eBay, I have managed to make over £100 from selling items I no longer need. I have been enjoying trying out new cooked from scratch healthy meals in exchange for the ready meals and fast food I used to eat. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the odd takeaway, however, I choose better options such as a smaller portion or without the sauces and dressings. I also finally feel like I have a fitness routine that I can stick to. If I don't feel like going to the gym then I don't. Instead I do a workout at home so that I'm still working out enough times a week.
The last few months have been full of ups and downs. Unfortunately I lost a close family member and I didn't feel like writing blog posts or meeting up with friends. However, this loss has shown me what is important in life and I have realised it is all about moving forward. I have starting learning to drive, which I think will be a very slow process, I have started looking at making more money as well as growing my savings for the future and I have realised that as I don't actually need to buy anything, if I stop wasting my money on things that I don't use, I can use that money for more luxury items.
Now I feel like I am heading in the right direction, I want to keep it that way so I thought I would add some more goals to hopefully achieve over the coming months.
- Have at least two days out a month - It would take a lot of planning to fit everything in but I would like to visit local places rather than just going shopping in town or staying at home not really doing anything.
- Watch the DVD's I own and get rid of the ones I don't enjoy. I know this sounds silly however I am ashamed to admit that I have quite a few DVD's that I have never watched just sat taking up room.
- Drink more water. I have changed my eating habits so now I want to change my drinking habits as well.
- Look after my skin better. I want to improve my skin to make it look healthier without the need for make up. I have been using make up recently to cover up how poor my skin is rather than using make up to enhance it.
- Sort through my belongings and be ruthless. If I don't use it or wear it then I obviously don't need it. I really want to de-clutter everything so that it is easier to manage.
- Grow the audience of my blog and make better content. My blog has been growing steadily over the last year and I want to thank you for reading my blog each week. I'd like to create new and exciting content so if you have any requests let me know.
Until next time