I will never be a morning person which I think is the reason why I find mornings such a struggle. A few months ago, I realised that, with a endless to-do list, I needed to make the most of the time before I leave for work whether its editing a video or writing a blog post. So I tried make a new routine that would mean that things got done without me being stressed before I left the house. So here are my top tips:
- Wake up naturally - I know you are probably thinking, I just don't have time to do this but I found that leaving my curtains open have meant that I have been waking up naturally with the sunshine waking me up as oppose to an alarm that I will probably hit the snooze button on several times at least. Whilst this is great for summer, during the winter months, as it stays darker for longer, I want to invest in one of the alarm clocks that are designed to wake you up naturally because this has worked so well for me, that I no longer feel tired in the mornings.
- I also set myself a limit of ten minutes in which to be on my phone, checking social media and other apps before I get out of bed. Once my ten minutes are up, I don't look at my phone again until all the things I need to do and can then use it as a reward if I finish them early.
- Move room by room - Okay, so this may sound strange but it does work. Once I am out of bed, I move onto the bathroom, where I can have a shower, brush my teeth and do make skincare routine before heading down to the kitchen for breakfast. I then move onto the living room where I can switch the wifi on, write blog posts, edit a video or check emails before moving back upstairs. Once back up in my room, I can then finish getting ready, doing my make up and care and checking I have everything in my bag that I will need for that day.
- Write a to-do list the night before so that you can be productive as soon as you wake up.
- Before you leave the house, set any reminders on your phone so that you don't forget to do things during your busy day.
So that is my top tips for a successful morning. I have also filmed My Typical Morning Routine over on my YouTube channel which I will leave embedded below so feel free to check that out.
Until next time