Blogmas Day 1 - 10 Things I Love About Christmas
Hello everyone and welcome to the first post of Blogmas 2017! I can't believe December is finally here! So usually I have these post scheduled way in advance however I'm just not that organised this year. I do love taking part in Blogmas though so I'm going to give it my best shot and hopefully will have something up every day. I am also doing Vlogmas again this year but I've decided to change the format of this slightly so that I don't end up feeling pressured to put up a post or video. So as well as a new blog post up everyday, I will be vlogging everyday but uploading them in a weekly vlog format on a Tuesday evening. I will also be uploading another video on a Sunday evening - it will sometimes be Christmas related, sometimes something else so make sure you're subscribed to My Channel, so that you don't miss any of my uploads.
Onto today's post, I thought I would break myself in gently by sharing with you just a few of the things I love about Christmas.
1. The festive knitwear - lets face it, the more novelty the better. There are so many designs to choose from this year that I couldn't possibly pick just one, so I have already added 3 new items to my collection. I'm hoping to do a lookbook soon so you will be able to see what I've bought in that.
2. Christmas movies - There are so many Christmas movies that you could probably watch them all day, everyday throughout December and not have to repeat. However, my personal favourites would have to be The Holiday & Home Alone.
3. Red Lipstick - I'm not normally confident enough to wear a vibrant red lipstick as part of my everyday make up but as soon as December comes around, its a staple piece.
4. Food - I have come to the conclusion that its better for me to not restrict myself and instead try to make better choices. I don't mean swap chocolate for a carrot stick, just that I know my limits. For example, although I might buy a few different cheeses and some crackers, I'll just pop a small selection on my plate, rather than have all of them on a board that I know I'll keep snacking on. If I go out for a meal, I'll skip a starter because I know the pudding choices will be amazing.
5. Lights - I love this time of year because the Christmas lights are just going up and so walking home is so much brighter. I got caught in heavy rain on the way home recently, and even though I was soaked, it didn't feel so bad because everywhere was so bright and cheerful. It definitely makes such a change and always puts me in a better mood.
6. Christmas music - They are the same cringey songs that come out year after year and we all know the words to them but I love them anyway. I don't even think I could pick one favourite because I love them all (except East 17 - Stay Another Day!)
7. Festive Candles - I love burning candles anyway but Oh My Gosh, the Essence Cranberry Woods candle is my favourite so far this year. I have already been burning it for two weeks and am on my second one. I even prefer them to the Yankee Candle Christmas range, but that might be partly down to the price.
8. Blogmas / Vlogmas - I know this may sound strange to some people however I love doing it and reading/watching others as well. I think its a great way to connect with people and always love the feedback I get.
9. Family & Friends - I love this time of year because I always get to see more of family and friends that I wouldn't normally see. I think its so important to spend time with those closest to you and especially more so when you don't get to see them many times a year.
10. Presents - By this, I don't mean receiving them. I absolutely love the whole process of writing a list of who I need to buy for, going shopping to find something each person would like, wrapping it in pretty paper and ribbons, before finally giving it to the person and seeing them open it.
And that's my first post of Blogmas 2017! I'll be back tomorrow with the first of my gift guides, so make sure you check back then.