Hello 2018 - My Goals For The Year
Happy new year and welcome to the first blog post of 2018! I hope you have all had a great
festive break and are now ready for the year ahead. I know I certainly am - I feel like this
year is going to be my year.
What better way to kick off the new year than by setting myself some achieveable goals. In
previous years, I've set goals that I know I couldn't possibly achieve, and therefore I don't
stick to them. This year, I wanted to set some larger goals and then break them down into smaller,
easier to achieve chunks.
Hopefully this post won't be too long but I want to split it down into different sections so here goes...
Blog & YouTube
1. continue to stick to my current schedule - New blog post up on a Monday, Wednesday & Saturday. New YouTube video
going up on a Sunday & Tuesday.
2. Develop my photography more and have better photos on my blog
3. Change the design layout on my blog and update it - I want to make it prettier and easier to navigate.
4. Become more confident vlogging in public
5. Create new and better videos
1. Workout a minimum of 4 times a week - I want to go to the gym at least once a week, do my Carly Rowena workouts
at least twice a week and hopefully go swimming more because I really enjoy it.
2. Have a pamper session at least once a week - at the moment its once every few weeks and I beggining to realise
I need to take more time out for myself
3. Get more sleep - I want to be in bed by 10.30 and do something relaxing to fall asleep rather than being on my phone
4. Have a more productive morning - I want to schedule some of my content and do some planning in the morning so that
it frees up my evenings. I think I will feel better if I get up and do something in the morning rather than have
that extra 10 minutes in bed.
5. Concentrate more on what I'm putting in my body. I don't want to follow a diet or restrict myself in any way but I
do want to know exactly what I'm putting in my body, how it affects me, and if there are better choices to be made.
For my future
1. Learn to drive - I really need to get on and do this because I don't want it to restrict me when it comes to finding
a house, which brings me onto my next goal
2. Go and see a mortgage advice and take that next step so that I'm prepared for when I do find a house I like
3. Save more and stop wasting my money. I seem to have fallen into this rut where I go to Primark or other shops, buy lots
of cheap items that i either won't wear/use or will throw out in a couple of months. I would rather save that money for
something I really want or need.
4. Do more - I want to visit new places and have more experiences whilst I can still afford to.
5. Declutter - This is an ongoing task for me but I want to declutter all of the things I don't really want so that
when I do move, its not such a rush to do it then. I'm also hoping to sell as much of it as I can so that I can add
it to my savings.
My mental health
1. To not care what people think of me - I don't want to not do something just because other people might not agree
2. Make new friends - there's something so rewarding in making new friends and I want to make some within the blogging
community because it is a huge part of my life and it would be nice to discuss certain things with people.
3. To see the beauty around me - I used to think that you had to go abroad to see pretty things when actually, there is
a lot right here on my doorstep. Getting outdoors in the fresh air is always good for my mental as well as physical health
4. To not care about those who do not care about me - it has taken me quite a while to realise this however, as much as
it may hurt in the beginning, it will be better in the long run. You can't make somebody want to be in your life and I've
realised that it can't always be down to me to make a friendship work. Therefore, I wish them well but I'm just not going
to make the effort with some people anymore.
5. To realise my anxiety is only a problem if I let it. I've learn to write things that are worrying me down on paper and
then read it because it usually ends up sounding silly afterwards. I don't want to not do something because my anxiety gets
in the way.
So that's my goals for 2018. Have you set yourself any? I'd love to know if you have!
Until next time